Its not all about childcare: it’s also about having your household management partner – a blend of traditional nanny/ butler/ housekeeper for the VIPs in your home.
Your KPS has life skills and is there to create Order out of Chaos. They have a hands-on work attitude and pay attention to detail, whilst being organised and adept at turning their hands to a broad range of tasks.
During those down hours in term time, from 8.30 – 4pm, your KPS’s duties are as your Household Manager/PA.
A lifeline in a busy household with working parents.
Typical duties may include:
- Booking appointments: the gardener, the dentist, the hairdresser, the vet, getting the car its MOT/annual service, the burglar alarm check
- Walking the dog, looking after the other animals, cats, fish, hamsters, horses, and more exotic pets
- Sorting the music lessons/practice timetables/ reeds for the sax, strings for the violin.
- General cleaning including linen, crystal, silver, steaming the oven
- Checking all food in cupboards is within sell by dates
- Basic DIY: putting up shelves, weeding, sorting the cellar, the attic
- Scanning/photocopying, filing
- Sewing on nametags, taking clothes too small to second hand or charity shops
- Packing for that weekend away
- Checking the medicine cabinet has up to date medicines for all eventualities
- Checking that the smoke alarms and fire extinguishers are still within date and work
- Conducting the weekly house shop, going to dry cleaners, managing a weekly budget, going to the post office, managing car payments, petrol, the gardener etc